So school started and priorities were confused at the Sexplex. We got confused and started thinking that we should put academics, jobs, and internships over the good of the Internet world. I’m sorry we abandoned you, readers.
As a little welcome back gift to you all, I’d like to fill you all in on all the madness that has happened in the past month.
- Fall happened. Today I had pumpkin pancakes on three different occasions and am currently drinking a pumpkin beer. Minnesota weather must think it’s still summer though, because I keep trying to wear sweaters and I keep getting sweaty.
- Sondra had a birthday (week) and we got wild on a roof in uptown…aka we went for dinner and they gave us free cotton candy. I was in bed by 10.
- Two important advancements were made in the arts community: Miley Cyrus learned how to swing naked from a wrecking ball and the song “What Does a Fox Say?” was introduced to the youtube world. Music will never be the same.
- We pretended to be really into school spirit and went all out for a school football game with a big rivalry. We may have lost the game, but we learned one important lesson that day: how to day drink.
- My final month of marathon training will come to an end this Sunday when I will either die or crawl across the finish line after 26.2 miles. Today I iced my knees with a bottle of vodka and I’ve smelled like Bengay for the past three weeks if that’s any indication of how well this weekend will be going for me.
- In a dramatic turn of events, the Sexplex bathroom flooded from a cracked pipe under the sink. Luckily, Mr. Bob Clements (father of the only girl who sings “Wrecking Ball” better than Miley herself) saved the day with his step-by-step instructions of how to turn off the water for the building. My apologies to anyone in our apartment building who was in the middle of a shower.
I hope it’s clear now why we were too busy to keep the World Wide Web entertained. You’re welcome, Jenna Marbles and Buzzfeed, for increasing your traffic due to our absence.